Job Title: Technical Customer Project Manager (Testing Systems)
About the job:
Polystar is looking for a Technical Customer Project Manager who can secure project delivery, planning, documentation and execution of customer systems/solutions/services on time, within budget, according to agreed quality standard as well as to manage the expectations with the project.
Our arena is the cutting edge of telecommunication and our mission is to produce and implement the best network testing and analytics solutions, on the planet.
Ever since company’s inception, Polystar has been pushing the envelope for load-, stress- and feature-test tools in the mobile and fixed network sector. The customers include the majority of the largest mobile network manufacturers in the world, as well as mobile and fixed networks operators. Polystar develops and sells the successful product Solver, which is a high-performance load- and feature-testing tool that simulates different network nodes with a large number of subscribers and can generate a high traffic volume of voice and video calls, SMSs, and packet data over various networks and interfaces, such as 3G and 4G.
Currently there’s a new challenge which is to develop the same product for the brand new 5G networks that will soon take shape.
As a member of our Services Team, you will use your project leader skills, your technical and analytical and problem solving skills, as well as your interpersonal and communication skills when working with our customers.
As a Technical Customer Project Manager, apart from the Project Management tasks you will Implement and Support the installed base, and lead the project team in applicable projects. You will have the technical responsibility to configure our load- and feature-testing systems, make them ready for operations and then provide support for our clients.
It is a permanent position, placed at our office in Hammarby Sjöstad, Stockholm.
What you will do:
Your role has two major Components, Project delivery and Support function.
Project delivery tasks:
- Project delivery, including management of value chain execution between order/contract and final acceptance. I.e. start-up, procurement, staging, installation, configuration, test & validation, training, acceptance, handovers.
- Review and input into Project Description, contract/order and other relevant information at Sales Handover in order to understand and clarify project requirements and what has been sold/committed
- Planning and follow-up of project activities (incl. follow-up of those activities executed by other departments) and contractual milestones (incl. invoicing and general financial forecasting for the project)
- During project executions; prioritise among projects, including negotiation with stakeholders, management of customer satisfaction, project scope, resources, requirements, quality and risks analysis and assessment
- Assure good internal- and external communication during customer projects (including status reporting and escalation if required)
- Participate in internal and external project meetings
- Responsible for customer project documentation management (project related issues and deliverables)
- Prepare forecast and communicate project resource needs to the Line Management Team
- Prepare and/or co-ordinate Acceptance test
- System configuration of Solver systems
- Produce and/or update system documentation
- Perform troubleshooting of technical issues
- Co-operate with other departments to sort out and resolve technical issues encountered in a project
Support related tasks:
- Resolving Incidents and Service Requests reported by customers according to the Service Level Agreement
- Cooperating across different departments to resolve issues
- Maintaining a good rapport with the customers
- Performing software upgrades
- Keeping required customer and installation information up to date
- Performance and health reviews of deployed systems
We want you to have:
- Have experience from Configuration and/or Support and/or Testing in Telecom and/or IT
- Have experience from working in the Telecom industry, in a technical function
- Have earned a university degree in Computer science, telecommunication and/or other relevant educational background
- Ability to occasionally work outside normal business hours and willing and able to travel
- Know how to deal with internal and external customers and that you have very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to support your colleagues as well as asking for their support when needed
- Be a great team player with a positive attitude and open and willing to learn and develop
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written. Fluency in Swedish is optional.
From a technical perspective, we would like you to have advanced skills in several of the following areas:
- Telecom and data networks.
Our engineers need to be able to put themselves in the position of the Telecom Operator technicians who are using our tools to troubleshoot their networks.
Understanding of telecommunication networks is key for success within Polystar.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN). VPN’s are an integrated part of your work, both for intra-company communication and towards the customer systems.
- Data and telephony protocols. The more you know about these protocols, the better.
- Linux. You will need to work with distributed Linux systems on a day to day basis. Experience in installing Linux operating systems also meriting.
- MySQL/SQL. Databases are used throughout our platform and it’s important that our staff understand how these operate and how to troubleshoot them.
- Scripting. Scripts are a key ingredient in making the day to day work more efficient.
It is an advantage if you have recent certifications in the disciplinary areas above.
The role will be based in Stockholm, Sweden and you will be expected to travel to participate in customer meetings, selected trade shows and conferences.
We think you
- Will really like working for Polystar if you truly like technology and have an interest in telecommunications
- Like solving problems and getting the job done
- Enjoy teamwork in an international environment
- Enjoy communicating and cooperating with our customers and that you share our belief that a project is not completed before the customer is truly satisfied
- You share our belief and core value, Customer Focus, and delivering on promises and commitments.
You need to hold a workpermit or permanent residency, under current Swedish and EU laws, i.e. a permission to work and live in Sweden in order to be considered for this position.
Interested? Think about it or apply now!
Polystar is a privately owned company, operating in an innovative and international environment. Our products are at the forefront of mobile technology and network intelligence.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
For the purposes of assessing and administer your application for this position, Polystar will process your personal data as a data controller in accordance with Personuppgiftslag (1998:204) and GDPR. Polystar will process your personal data solely to the extent necessary to complete the recruitment process for this position. Polystar will store your personal data for four months after the vacant position has been filled. Polystar may delete your personal data prior to the expiration of four months, upon your request. Should you wish to make such request for deletion, or if you wish obtain more information regarding the processing of personal data within the Polystar Group, please go to https://www.polystar.com/company/our-approach-security-quality/